Sunday, March 10, 2013

Season Opener!

First trip of the season today!  The Weatherman predicted temp's in the 50's and rain, but the rain never came and the high was 65!  The water level was over 1.7 and rising the whole time we were on the river, I am thinking the gage got near 2.0 while we were on the river.  We launched around 11am at Avon & Livernois (A&L) and had cars shuttled at 2nd St and Ryan.  I took a friend from work, Doug, and he paddled my Dagger Zydeco rec boat, I was in my Pyranha Burn whitewater boat.  The surfing at Rochester was decent!  We stopped at Rock Island and took out there, Dale, John and Jarret continued down to Ryan.  There was one portage at the beginning after you go a few turns past the medical offices, just past the stinky pipe, not too hard.

Doug and I took out at Rock Island and carried our boats from Rock Island back to the 2nd Street parking lot.  The trail was icy and muddy, quie a mess!  I would not recommend this, but it does give you a little more on the trip to 2nd and you can relax at Rock Island if people are continuing on from there. 

 
Doug Palmer, Rick Kuhn, Dale Goolsby, Jarret Schmidt, & John Burak on the first trip of the season for 2013
 
 
The new Avon Road bridge.
 
Surfing at Rochester Road Rapid
 
Jarret, Doug and I. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment